It took me awhile to notice a "Tracker" feature, I was amazed on how simple yet useful it is. Didn't regret time spent on retroactively moving things from the text into a tracker.
However, I think the app could benefit from two additional tracker types, those being "Date" type and "Cumulative" type.
In that tracker, a user would submit a date and the app would count the amount of days before/after the date each time a user would choose to add that tracker.
Potential use cases:
- Days without cigarettes/alcohol/(whichever thing a user got rid of). Surely, a user could use a Number tracker for that, and it wouldn't even be a big issue if they make an entry each day. But what if they only write weekly? Bi-weekly? Monthly? Having to count days each time would be a chore that a tracker of the appropriate type would solve.
- Days until relocation/wedding/(other big event).
- Days on a new job/since starting a diary/(after other significant event).
This tracker could be used to count the things we do. It might be rewarding for some people, if the tracker is positive, or an element of control, if it's not. Upon adding a tracker to the entry, user will increase or decrease the amount with the appropriate buttons.
Instead of a default filter by values, on the tracker's settings it would introduce a graph that would allow to see how much the tracker changed over time.
Potential use cases
- Puppies rescued
- Bugs squashed (or left to squash)
- Anger outages controlled (or not)
- Trees planted
I know these might feel like a significant change, but in case you were looking for new types of trackers to add, these might be useful options.